These engineered ADR approved upper control arms are designed to correct wheel alignment issues found when you lift your IFS 4wd over 30mm, with built-in 3 degrees caster correction.
Blackhawk UCA's are designed with clearance to the coil spring during articulation with a re-positioned ball joint, as well as strengthening the whole unit over the standard OE parts.
Blackhawk UCA's use OE size bushes and ball joints allowing easy access to spare parts if required.
These are sold a pair with all hardware included to allow fitment without modifications.
Each Kit Contains:
- Updated Design - Tour Spec With 1 Degree Correction.
- Blackhawk UCA's pre-fitted with OE style rubber bushes (PAIR)
- Roadsafe HD Ball Joints Pre-fitted to the control arms
- Blackhawk Ball Joint Dust Caps With Dust O-Rings
These UCA's are designed to fit:
- Toyota Hilux KUN/GUN (2005-Present)
Blackhawk 4×4 have identified a requirement for a program supplying replacement Upper control arm’s (UCA) that are fitted to a wide range of late model IFS vehicles. As a result we have developed the Blackhawk program – a product that will bolt in with marked improvements over the OE design.
When a vehicle has raised suspension and this can be anything from 30mm or above, it will disrupt the vehicles relationship with factory set geometry and create issues such as…
- Reduced caster correction – causing vague steering and response.
- Bump steer resulting in reduced handling – with an out of control feeling.
- Clearance issues to suspension & wheels/tyres – larger wheels can hit suspension components.
- Some standard vehicles can have an issue of the UCA hitting the coil on full droop.
- Strength of OE equipment in offroad scenarios.
Improvements the Blackhawk 4x4 arms offer;
- 3 degrees of fixed Caster correction, we’ve identified this as a good amount of correction required for lifts ranging from 30-70mm, by providing a bulk – fixed amount of caster, this offers the ability to utilise the factory adjustment to fine tune the caster required for your vehicles lift, with the UCA not being the limiting factor for increased droop relative to the other components.
- Camber change to meet OE spec, if your application requires increased camber, we can offer offset bushings to provide more camber.
- Clearance to larger aftermarket wheels & tyres – we often see larger than standard size tyres with wheel offsets having clearance issues to the OE UCA, our Blackhawk UCA’s minimise this as much as possible.
- Clearance to suspension components & chassis – a large number of OE UCA’s hit the coil or the chassis mounts on during the suspension travel limiting the amount of travel you can achieve, with revised bends and clearances identified the Blackhawk UCA’s will not contact the strut or the chassis limiting travel unless specifically designed to do so.
Fixed position balljoint – Blackhawk UCA’s do not use an adjustable balljoint, with a fixed location balljoint we are able to offer OE specification for the ball joint itself.
- The position of the balljoint housings have been rotated to ensure the balljoint is not the limiting factor with maximum down travel. Roadsafe specifically chose a fixed ball joint for a number of reasons – in offroad applications the ball joint receives a large amount of “bump” loads, which over time can either knock an adjustable ball joint out of position leading to increased tyre wear due to a change in caster. Changing from a fixed balljoint mount reduces the structural integrity of the mount and the mounting platform of the balljoint, with any remote traveling we need to ensure strength and reliability is not compromised.
- There will never be a need to adjust or re-adjust your caster once established with the Blackhawk arms as the balljoint cannot be knocked out of position.
- Maintain OE specification ball joint & bushings – regardless of where you may go, if you need to replace a balljoint or bushing you can use genuine replacement parts or aftermarket OE specification replacement items, regardless of how remote you are at home or abroad.
- Ball joint binding – Often we see the ball joint limiting the amount of down travel because the OE ball stud hits the side of the ball joint housing, this creates a stress point on the ball stud creating an environment for potential terminal failure of the ball joint, it also limits the amount of down travel possible when used in conjunction with aftermarket suspension and longer shock lengths.
- Securing ABS lines – we incorporate tabs and mounts where practical so the OE lines can be secured discreetly where possible, reducing the potential of sticks and other debris from damaging the sensitive lines.
- Increased strength compared to the OE design – The design of the Blackhawk arms have shown with the use of FEA to be much stiffer than the OE arms, providing the driver with increased handling and response when the Blackhawk arms are fitted when compared to the OE arms, this is illustrated by the amount of deflection the FEA results have provided, with 3 times less deflection in the Blackhawk UCA’s.